For high-risk pregnancies
Our team of maternal fetal medicine specialists takes a multi-disciplinary approach to create a personalized care plan that’s right for both mom and baby. From preconception services to birth, these highly trained medical experts dedicate themselves to ensuring the best possible outcomes during a high-risk pregnancy. Risk factors for high-risk pregnancy include existing health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure, obesity, multiple births, and pregnancy in teens and women over 35.
UBMD Obstetrics and Gynecology works in collaboration with the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital, designated by New York State as the Regional Perinatal Center for Western New York. The center benefits from the expertise of Paul L. Ogburn, Jr., MD, Chief of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at the University at Buffalo and Medical Director of the Perinatal Center. Hospitals from the region’s eight counties transfer their high-risk expectant mothers to Oishei Children’s Hospital for the highest level of medical care available.
To provide specialized care for high-risk women and their babies, Oishei Children’s Hospital offers the safest option for delivering babies. With the region’s largest neonatal intensive care unit and teams of maternal fetal medicine physicians, pediatric surgeons and a full panel of pediatric subspecialists on site, mom and baby are given the highest level of care 24/7.
Our services include:
- Preconception counseling
- Genetic evaluation by a certified genetic counselor
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis
- Ultrasound screening (targeted anomaly exams, nuchal translucency) including 3D/4D
- Management of multiple gestation
- Diabetic monitoring and testing
- Nutritional counseling
- Diagnosis and management of fetal anomalies (e.g., congenital diaphragmatic hernia, abdominal wall defects, lung lesions, twin transfusion syndrome, and skeletal dysplasia)
- CVS/amniocentesis/PUBS/fetal transfusions
- Consultation of chronic maternal medical conditions
- Social work
Appointments are available at both Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital and Oishei Children’s Hospital. To make an appointment, or if you have questions, call us at 716-636-8284.